[mythtv-users] Error: offset>181?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Nov 4 08:10:41 UTC 2012

Can someone tell me what causes this:

DVBRead mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp:362 (AssemblePSIP) - Error: offset>181,
pes length & current cannot be queried

It shows up in the backend log during recording and results in a few
seconds of corruption in the recording.  It happens very rarely on most
channels, but on one channel (of course, my favorite, PBS) it is
extremely chronic.  This is the only 720p channel I record.  All the
rest are 1080i or standard def.  Some of the PBS recordings are
error-free, but more are corrupted periodically, every 20-40 seconds,
all the way through.  I believe all content on this channel is 720p.

I never saw this problem in 0.24 (FC13), only after upgrade to Fedora 17
and 0.25 (mythbackend version: fixes/0.25 [0.25.2-2.fc17
(v0.25.2-15-g46cab93)]).

Google turned up a few hits with this error, but it seemed to only be
related to HDHomeruns, and seemed to be signal.  I'm using an internal
Dvico Dual Fusion.  My backend is not overloaded and has no trouble
recording two 1080i shows while playing back recordings with no
corruption whatsoever.  A single, system-doing-nothing-else recording on
the 720p, PBS channel is more likely to be corrupted than not.  I was
surprised, though, as I looked through my PBS recordings, that some of
the shows are perfect, but shows recorded soon before (or after) were
corrupt.  It seems to be content-related.

Any ideas?  Is this a known issue?  Will 0.26 upgrade fix it?

Dave D.