[mythtv-users] MythMusic - Is there a simple way to just tell it to play an album?

Scott Harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 17:42:04 UTC 2012

> >> Ha Ha. I said sensible idea :) You can browse the directory tree and
> >> add
> > the tracks below the current node/directory to the active playlist,
> > that was one of >the concessions added to keep the peace. Little good it
> did me :(.
> > That's something probably only available in 0.26 though
> >
> > I hadn't found that in 0.26, but now that you mentioned it, it is
> > working well.  Really, the only things missing to me (and I was one of
> > the biggest "anti MythTV 0.25 playlist focused" people out there) is
> >
> > 1. Music should remember you last view when entering it.  i.e. if I
> > exited music viewing the gallery view, it should open to the gallery
> > view when I go back into it.
>
> I've got deja-vu all over again I'm sure I've answered this before.
> There is actually two menu items one to show the current playlist view and
> one to show the playlist editor view. On the classic menu layout they are
> next to each other, some of the other menu layouts put them on different
> sub menus for reasons only known to the menu layout creators.
> That's actually out of MythMusics control.

Why do you need two menus to get to the same place?  Why not just one menu
item and when you open it, it's in the same state you left it?

> > 2. Everything (playlist edits, current view, etc) should be saved when
> > you exit Music, not when you ("gracefully", which most people with
> > button scripts don't) exit MythTV as a whole.  Very frustrating to do
> > a bunch of stuff, shutdown your system for the night (using the MYTHTV
> > exit > yes, exit and shutdown, not some "ad-hoc" method) only to find
that
> it's all gone.
>
> Yes I noticed this problem myself when I set up a new FE for my parents.
> This should really be fixed in the shutdown code so it always cleanly
shuts the
> FE down but that is going to open up a whole can of worms so best to stay
> clear.

It seems (to me) that rather than worrying about shutdown if it's going to
open such a can of worms, that MythMusic could simply do it's saves when the
user exits MythMusic and is presented with the "No, stop playing music and
exit / Yes keep playing music and exit" prompt.  Surely this is a pretty
natural hook to save then?