[mythtv-users] stutter playback of h264 on geforce 210 but not on ION

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Mar 27 19:17:55 UTC 2012

I have two FEs both on the same version of master
(v0.25-beta-99-gff73126) and while one (an ION) plays a certain h264
video just fine, a GeForce 210 machine stutters really badly.

A frontend log with playback,audio debugging in it can be found at
http://brian.interlinx.bc.ca/mythfrontend.20120327140714.13023.log.  The
last thing the log (i.e. starting at line 3718) is reporting playback of
is this troublesome file with the VDPAU Slim profile, since I had
assumed at some point that I was simply trying to over drive the
capabilities of this card.

The recording itself is only 704x360 so I'd really hope that overdriving
was not the problem but it was at least one avenue to test before coming
here.

I know that somebody is going to want particulars on the recording but
I'm not sure what's the best way to examine that?  mplayer -v output or
something else?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
b.