[mythtv-users] Live TV Program Change Over

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Mar 27 13:58:54 UTC 2012

On 27/03/12 14:40, Tom Bongiorno wrote:

>>> And I often (Most of the time) see this on .23 as well. Using an HDHR.
>>
>> Yeah, I've had it all the way back to around 0.23 as well.  I'm also using
>> an HDHR, but I'm not sure that it's the tuner as much as it's the way Myth
>> handles Live TV as a string of individual recordings, requiring some
>> intensive work to stop and start each recording at each program break.  I
>> don't recall when Myth went from the ring buffer method of Live TV to the
>> string of recordings method (not that I am suggesting in any way shape or
>> form that Myth should go back), but it was around that time, which would be
>> why we started seeing it back then.
>>

> I have been experiencing this behavior since I upgraded to .24.  Mind you,
> prior to .24 I was only using the DVR functionality and not LiveTV.

I thought that changing files on the half-hour was the original LiveTV
behaviour, and that this was replaced in a later version by a method that
changed files at the scheduled end of each program?

This would make sense, since once you tune to a channel myth knows which program
is running, and knows exactly when it is going to end.

Are you sure this behaviour is program related? Does it happen on the hour and
half-hour, or does it happen 30 mins after you switched to LiveTV and every 30
mins after? The latter is what I would expect if it is a LiveTV phenomenon.

--

Mike Perkins