[mythtv-users] Live TV Program Change Over

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Mar 26 23:10:13 UTC 2012

I have had always had an issue during Live TV during the change over form program to another (not a channel change).  In < 0.25, there would be an ~5 second “freeze” at the change over point, but playback very reliably always continued playing after the freeze.

With 0.25, the reliability of the continuation of playback has become rather suspect with it frequently crashing back to the MythTV menu with the “live buffer failed too many times” (paraphrased).  The other night, my wife was up all night with a sick kid and told me that “the TV kept giving me this error message every 30 minutes”.  I didn’t put 2 and 2 together until tonight when it died on me during the local news –> nightly news and then nightly news –> what ever was next.  So I looked back at what she was watching that night and sure enough, it was all 30 minute sitcom reruns.

Anyone have any suggestions for addressing this?  I’m wondering if maybe giving Live TV a second storage group on a separate disk from the first Live TV storage group might help?  It occurs on my MBE/FE locally as well as my remote FEs.