[mythtv-users] How to update video list when copying over a new video?

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:55:14 UTC 2012

I ended up using the following script to launch Mplayer playback:

#!/bin/bash
MPLAYER=/usr/bin/mplayer
FILE=$1
MOVIE=${FILE##*/}
VIDEOS="/media/drive1/videos/ /media/drive2/videos/"
MOVIE_PATH=$(find $VIDEOS -name $MOVIE)
$MPLAYER -nogui -quiet -fs -zoom -noborder -vo gl -ao alsa:noblock
$MOVIE_PATH
exit 0

which does the job (assuming there is only one copy of each movie in the
VIDEOS group)

Although I would like to use the Internal player too in some cases. In 0.20
there was a menu "Video manager" where I could open a pop-up menu for
particular movie and edit it's meta data and/or the player command. I can't
find this option in 0.23 so wonder was it completely removed (which I
doubt) or I've been looking in wrong places?

Cheers,
Igor