[mythtv-users] How to update video list when copying over a new video?

George Nassas gnassas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 23:41:38 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-24, at 10:32 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> The use of external player as a default is planned for
> removal, as well as all the various options for per-extension and
> per-file external players.  There will be one single "alternative
> player" that can be set and manually called instead of the internal
> player through the UI for troubled videos.

This is a good idea and overdue. Glad to know that a total zap of the external option was just loose talk.

As for misbehaving videos it's not worth the bother when some dumbbell encodes a lecture in realvideo or some other abomination. Easier to shell out to mplayer and move on with life. I know how to file bugs when there are actual problems.

- George