[mythtv-users] 0.25 and V4L not working

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Mar 24 17:33:40 UTC 2012

On 03/24/2012 12:22 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Anthony,
>
> Even though you've already "fixed" this by editing the DB, please try
> (only) the capture card portion of:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034
>
> (specifically, the paragraph starting with, "If you ever change capture
> cards or capture card drivers..."--and not the "Delete all video
> sources" stuff) to delete all your capture cards and re-add them and
> make sure they're configured correctly by mythtv-setup.  (We need to
> ensure that these devices will work for everyone without direct DB editing.)
>
> Note that in doing "Delete all capture cards," you won't lose your
> channels or your video sources, so you won't have to rescan for channels
> or anything.  You'll just be redefining your capture cards and
> re-connecting your inputs.
>
> Also, anyone who upgrades to 0.25 should likely do a "Delete all capture
> cards" and then re-configure them to ensure they have proper recording
> and Live TV order set--especially those who used the "break MythTV to
> prioritize Live TV over recordings" (where you add capture cards with
> 2-4 multirec inputs, then go back and add one more input to each card).
> The recording and Live TV order are new options in card setup that allow
> you to specify the order in which cards are used for recording and Live TV.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Actually, it turned out that the vbi entry wasn't the problem.

I've filed a ticket with the patch that works with the updates in
v4l2-ioctl where EINVAL has been changed to ENOTTY for unimplemented calls.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10501

This fixes the problem for me with saa7164 (HVR-2250) and analog
recordings without touching the DB.

I'll likely go in and recreate the capture cards anyway in the coming days.

Thanks, Mike.

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E