[mythtv-users] 0.25 and V4L not working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 24 17:22:42 UTC 2012

On 03/24/2012 08:11 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
> Well, it turns out my mythconverg was NULL for the vbi device, so I
> added /dev/vbi0, which eliminsted the V4LRec(9:/dev/video0): Can't open
> vbi device: '' error, but after a few seconds, I got the same error as
> before the patch was applied:
>
> mythbackend[22496]: eno: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)

Anthony,

Even though you've already "fixed" this by editing the DB, please try
(only) the capture card portion of:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

(specifically, the paragraph starting with, "If you ever change capture
cards or capture card drivers..."--and not the "Delete all video
sources" stuff) to delete all your capture cards and re-add them and
make sure they're configured correctly by mythtv-setup.  (We need to
ensure that these devices will work for everyone without direct DB editing.)

Note that in doing "Delete all capture cards," you won't lose your
channels or your video sources, so you won't have to rescan for channels
or anything.  You'll just be redefining your capture cards and
re-connecting your inputs.

Also, anyone who upgrades to 0.25 should likely do a "Delete all capture
cards" and then re-configure them to ensure they have proper recording
and Live TV order set--especially those who used the "break MythTV to
prioritize Live TV over recordings" (where you add capture cards with
2-4 multirec inputs, then go back and add one more input to each card).
The recording and Live TV order are new options in card setup that allow
you to specify the order in which cards are used for recording and Live TV.

Thanks,
Mike