[mythtv-users] How to update video list when copying over a new video?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Mar 22 13:13:01 UTC 2012

On 3/22/2012 07:58, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> Yep that worked. I have my videos on two separate drives that form the
> video group and now after scanning I can't play any of them. I thought
> MythTV screwed the file paths but from the frontend log file i can see
> it is trying to play a stream from
> http://ip_address:6543/Movie_name.avi  ! What the hack? I never set
> the player for streaming!?!? Or is this by default?

Not exactly.  You're trying to play the stream from
myth://Videos@ip_address:6543/Movie_name.avi, which is MythTV's internal
URI for content streamed from the backend to the frontend over the
internal protocol.  This protocol has always exists since the beginning
of MythTV, and used to drive recordings across the backend/frontend
split.  MythTV 0.22 added the ability to use this protocol for more than
just recordings, and allows you access your video library remotely
without having to mount the content over NFS.  It is part of the shift
to allowing for configuration-free frontends to be added.