[mythtv-users] CBS did it again: how to stich together from different recordings

Glenn Harris gharris at eklo.com
Tue Mar 20 14:40:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> So once again, CBS have failed to run their Sunday evening schedule on
> time.  This really makes me angry.

> [1] For just this reason/purpose I think I will start to schedule an
> hour of recording beyond the end of what I typically want on a Sunday
> evening on CBS

You can sign up for "CBS Eye-Lerts" at http://www.cbs.com/eye-lerts/ and
they will email you when they have an overrun.

For example on Friday, 3/16 they sent out this email:
"An NCAA runover on Sunday, 3/18 could delay start times for 60 Minutes
(7pm ET), The Amazing Race (8pm ET), The Good Wife (9pm ET) and CSI: Miami
(10pm ET)."

Then on Sunday 3/18 at 7:44pm they sent out this email:
"Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:43pm ET),
Amazing Race (8:43pm ET), The Good Wife (9:43pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:43pm
ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of NCAA Basketball."

When I get the first one, I add an override for an extra hour onto "60
Minutes", in case I don't notice the second email right away.
When I get the second one, I log in to mythweb and update the start and end
times accordingly for the other shows I have scheduled to record.

--Glenn