[mythtv-users] Comcast Cisco RNG150 and IR Blaster

Captain Krypto captainkrypto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:16:23 UTC 2012

I recently subscribed to Comcast as my cable provider and was issued a
Cisco RNG 150 as my STB. I was happy to learn that I could stream video
through the firewire port, but was quickly disappointed to find out that
the channel change functionality was broken with the Xfinity update.

I set out to use the IR Blaster on my HVR1600 using lirc_zilog. I was able
to get the ir blaster functional and sending ir signals using irsend. I
tried to figure out which codeset to use with the send_power_new script
from http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24. It doesn't appear that
any of the codes were compatible with the RNG150 and the other lircd.conf
files for the RNG150 I found resulted in a "lirc_zilog: failed to get data
for code" error.

Has anyone been successful in getting an ir blaster to work with the
RNG150?  With an HVR1600?  What lircd.conf do you use?

Any info or insight would be much appreciated as my mythtv functionality is
severely limited without the ability to change channels.

Thanks in advance,
Dave