[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 13 21:30:48 UTC 2012

On 03/13/2012 07:47 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Ah, yes, on the setup that is working I do have some channels set with
>>> visible=0.
>>>
>>> So should I be running with --remove-new-channels when I run
>>> --dd-grab-all to avoid this issue?
>> Or set up the channels you don't want the QAM tuners using as not
>> visible in the QAM video source.
> so create two sources in schedulesdirect, one for the QAM and one for
> cable and link them separately in MythTV?

Well, assuming the QAM tuners are tuning with their internal tuners
(i.e. using ATSC major/minor numbers) and the cable tuners are analog
encoders that use "frequency ID" (which is likely a channel number sent
to a channel change script that changes channel on an STB), you should
have 2 different video sources--because they tune channels differently.
(Video Source is a list of channels available on an input /and/
information about how to tune those channels.)

Note, also, that if a video source is connected to a digital input (and
only a digital input), mythfilldatabase should not attempt to add
channels to the video source (since it realizes that you need to scan
for those channels).  So, if you have a single video source connected to
a digital (scannable) and analog (non-scannable) input, that probably
explains why it's trying to add channels to your QAM video source.

> Also, oddly, ever since I ran the --dd-grab-all on that machine even
> if I go back to just using the commands I was previously using of
> --refresh-today --refresh-second it is still adding all the channels
> to the QAM source.
>
> that was a frustrating realization =P

FWIW, --dd-grab-all has no bearing on whether channels will be added or
not.  So, this may have been happening before, but testing --dd-grab-all
just made you notice it?

Mike