[mythtv-users] Poor playback performance on Mac mini

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:24:12 UTC 2012

On 14 March 2012 00:12,  <joenyland at me.com> wrote:
> Quick question though: is there a way to dump/export a list of
> recordings/rules which would allow me to start with a fresh database? Or am
> I safe enough to keep my current DB when upgrading to 0.25?

none officially supported.

But you would be fine upgrading anyway. Just make a backup should you
want to go back... You will loosed everything that you will do between
the time you made the backup and the time you restore...

So if you want to go back and you only intend to test it... don't wait too long!

the mac build is certainly more stable than it used to be

> Hopefully the hardware accelerated video is the thing I'm missing in Myth
> which I should get from the upgrade, as you have pointed out.

I think even without the hardware decoding you would be fine...
playback is now full OpenGL, you get better performance there than the
old Quartz (Quartz is still supported though, just not available on 64
bits build)