[mythtv-users] limit channels on different tuners?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:41:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM,  <jason at wkrp.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have two PVR500's and one PVR150 in my system.  I hooked each of these up
> to three different cable boxes (using A/V cables) and I use the commandir to
> change the channels.  Works like a champ and gives me three tuners.  I know
> the PVR500 has 2 tuners each but with the conversion over to cable boxes I'm
> stuck with just 1 usable tuner on each.
>
> In testing the tuners I found that the PVR500's can handle going above
> channel 125 with no problems. When I try the PVR150 it just drops me back to
> the main screen in MythTV.  I would think since the cable box is really
> doing the work it wouldn't care but I guess not.

I don't quite follow. Are you tuning the cable box and using the PVR
devices to record, or using the analog tuner on the PVR devices?
If you're tuning the cable boxes then you've got the setup incorrect
as you should not be tuning the analog tuner and so won't have the
125ch problem.

> Of course now seeing HD, just upgraded service, I'll move to that
> eventually.  Sadly my cable box only supports the component out or HDMI so I
> guess I'm stuck with the HD-PVR for that right now.  If there is another
> option I'd like to hear it - that HD-PVR is a bit pricey...

I assume your in the U.S.? What cable company? if you have one that
supports the CableCard standard like many of us do you can always try
a Ceton or HDHomeRun Prime.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!