[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:35:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris
<snharris99 at live.com> wrote:
>> Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:44:13 +0000
>> From: nasa01 at comcast.net
>> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

I'll be the jerk, I *HATE* the new mythmusic interface and I think it
is a giant step backwards from 0.24, which was not fun to begin with.

- I can't create smart playlists, no matter what theme I use when I
select to create a new smart playlist nothing happens.
- no directory browse mode. This is a deal killer for me. I have way
too much music with way too many artists to not be able to browse this
way, just the scrolling time is ridiculous enough, it takes about
8minutes to scroll from the first artist to the last.
- I have music in different formats (FLAC, HD, mp3, etc) that I can
now no longer easily view on their own like I can with my directory
structure.
- I have music for myself and my housemates, it is now impossible for
a housemate to go to the folder for their music.
- I can't switch between playlist editor tree and playlist editor
gallery, bug or feature?
-If I try and search list with no tracks in the queue I get a segfault
-if I have tracks added to the queue/playlist/?? I can't select search
list , bug or feature?
-why do the playback buttons highlight? don't I have those on my
remote already? this is rather clunky
-search music is painfully slow even if the backend is doing nothing
-why does Albums come before Artists?
-in Search Music, if I search an artist I get a list of tracks that
match that artist, not a list of artists that match? similar for
searching albums

I'll stop there. I'm frustrated and sad, I will now have to ssh into
my frontends to be able to play music and my housemates will basically
no longer be able to play their music through MythTV

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!