[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:51:39 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 03/10/2012 02:37 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> On 3/10/2012 14:35, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>> It sounds though like doing a complete pull is less stress on the schedulesdirect server than requesting a few specific days?
>> As odd as it may seem, that is correct.
>
> And means you will always have the most-current data for all days--which
> means you're less likely to miss recordings you want.  For example, if
> MythTV decides to record a later showing of a specific episode of a
> high-priority show to resolve a conflict for you, but the network
> decides a week and a half out not to do the later showing.  If you're
> not updating that day's data, MythTV wouldn't know the later showing was
> removed.  If, however, you update all days, every recording decision
> will be made with the most-current information available.
>
> My recordings have never been so reliable since I started using
> --dd-grab-all (the day I sent the e-mail I linked, previously).  With
> the exception of truly last-second changes, schedule changes haven't
> been a problem.

fair enough, my backend should have enough power to do this, though
sometimes it decides to download the data while recording 5 or 6
things and having a couple frontends playing, which seems like a poor
tim cpu use wise to do so?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!