[mythtv-users] [mythtv-commits] mythtv/master commit: eed7862e8 by Raymond Wagner (wagnerrp)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 10 19:45:39 UTC 2012

On 03/10/2012 02:37 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 3/10/2012 14:35, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> It sounds though like doing a complete pull is less stress on the schedulesdirect server than requesting a few specific days?
> As odd as it may seem, that is correct.

And means you will always have the most-current data for all days--which
means you're less likely to miss recordings you want.  For example, if
MythTV decides to record a later showing of a specific episode of a
high-priority show to resolve a conflict for you, but the network
decides a week and a half out not to do the later showing.  If you're
not updating that day's data, MythTV wouldn't know the later showing was
removed.  If, however, you update all days, every recording decision
will be made with the most-current information available.

My recordings have never been so reliable since I started using
--dd-grab-all (the day I sent the e-mail I linked, previously).  With
the exception of truly last-second changes, schedule changes haven't
been a problem.

Mike