[mythtv-users] Which nVidia card?

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Wed Mar 7 08:39:32 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 21:35, Scott Smith <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Be careful in considering this card, (I also have one) and this would
> probably not fit in a shuttle case. The heatsink wraps over the top of
> the card and makes it quite tall.

THanks for the thoughts. Fanless is not especially important, since the Shuttle has plenty of other noisy fans anyway. Card height hasn't been an issue so far, but it's worth bearing in mind; it's length that I've had trouble with in the past.

Anyway - specific cards aside, is a 430GT about the minimum for handling everything that Myth might throw at it? I've never had nVidia (always used ATI cards), so I don't know their range at all.