[mythtv-users] HDHR tuners just died?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Mar 2 04:31:08 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-01, at 11:14 PM, bhaskins wrote:

> Same problem but I just repaired the power supply.
> Mine was not one on the list and it failed one month after
> the warranty expired ( bad line cap ).

Similar story for me: both my original and free replacement 1st gen HDHR power supplies failed but I went to an electronics selloff type place and found a compatible power supply from some obsolete device. There's a D-Link one that seems to be common (I've heard it mentioned on this list once or twice before) and has the exact same voltage, amps, and plug polarity.

My tuners have been rock solid ever since.

- George