[mythtv-users] Anybody have any alerts set up on failed recordings?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:53:35 UTC 2012

I have an occasionally-recurring problem where my HDHomeRun Prime, or at
least the Charter Tuning Adapter, loses its connection. When this happens,
recordings that use the cablecard (pretty much anything that isn't
available on QAM) fail. I came home today and had a boatload of failed
recordings. When this happens I have to reboot the Tuning Adapter and
HDHomeRun before I can tune those channels again.

I was wondering if anybody had set up any kind of alerting, preferably
using email, when recordings fail. I haven't looked into it that deeply
yet, perhaps using procmail and the mythbackend.log, or the system events
feature that I admittedly haven't looked into very deeply.

I'm open to any ideas. Thanks!