[mythtv-users] Add paul-h radio streaming in mythmusic to MythTV

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Fri Jun 29 11:17:25 UTC 2012

Am 2012-06-29 12:41, schrieb Robin Gilks:

>> Hello everybody, this
is pretty much a question to the developers. Is there any chance that
the recent mythmusic changes from paul-h will be added to the master
MythTV? He has added internet radio streaming which is awesome. It works
like a charm and should really be added. This makes MythTV much more
attractive to users.

> Greetings
>
> I'm an everybody rather than a
developer but this interests me a lot. I've
> asked on the list a couple
of times how I can put a few fixed stations
> into the database so I can
replace the mythstream functionality I've lost
> by moving up to 0.25.
>

> It sounds to me (since you say it works well!!) that you have done
this.
> Could you give us a clue to how its done please or where there
is a patch
> that will allow it via the frontend GUI?
>
> Cheers

Hi,

you need to have your own git repository with the sources of MythTV.
There you can do your own changes to the source code or apply changes
from other developers.

To update your git repository to the latest
MythTv version you usually do something like "git pull
git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git master".

To include the streaming
stuff from paul-h MythTV repository you need to do a "git pull
git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git master"

You can then compile it
from these sources and install it.

Its probably the best if some
developer just merges paul-h changes into MythTV. Or the Mythbuntu guys
could create a MythTV version with the streaming stuff included.

Cheers