[mythtv-users] Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress Dual - any experience ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Jun 26 07:26:29 UTC 2012

On 6/25/12 12:07 PM, Andre wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2012, at 13:40, Warpme wrote:
>
>> Hi *
> I recognise that login.
>
>> Has anybody any experience with this card ?
> A couple of us have this one, you need pretty new drivers to get reliable dual tuner operation, either a ~>v3 kernel or media_build this may or may not cause you some issues since the 2.3.38 mutex changes, it's certainly a problem for me, I'm staying with an older system and a self compiled MythTV. This thread may be helpful: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462252

Andre,

Thx for replay.
One thing: Are You sure that You are referring to Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky
Xpress DUAL card ?
It is not the same like Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual, as former one is based
on newest Montage M88DS3103 while second one is on STV0900 + STB6110.

Regarding Unicable: Your remark this is very interesting. Looking on
ticket 9726 it seems like only mythtv patching should be enough (author
of Unicable patch not mentioning at all about any kernel patches).
On the other hand going across  mythtvtalk link (unfortunately in
german) gives me totally unclear picture: is any kernel/drivers patching
required for Unicable or not.
Of course one from many solutions is to check it in practice - but this
can be quite expensive learning route (costs of Unicable LNB+tuner, and
what worse, costs of decreased WAF by potentially unstable system).

-br