[mythtv-users] Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky Xpress Dual - any experience ?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 10:07:01 UTC 2012

On 24 Jun 2012, at 13:40, Warpme wrote:

> Hi *

I recognise that login.

> Has anybody any experience with this card ?

A couple of us have this one, you need pretty new drivers to get reliable dual tuner operation, either a ~>v3 kernel or media_build this may or may not cause you some issues since the 2.3.38 mutex changes, it's certainly a problem for me, I'm staying with an older system and a self compiled MythTV. This thread may be helpful: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/462252

I think unicable support is a driver issue, not hardware related. If I remember correctly from my investigations into unicable (I live in an apartment), there is an out of tree driver patch for unicable on most DVB cards. I don't remember where I saw this but I expect Google knows, I find that knowing something exists is half the battle. :-)

Andre