[mythtv-users] 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date.

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:49:14 UTC 2012

> I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
> where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
> that indicates it's getting used.
>
> Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
> get's pulled?
>
> My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
> Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
> be getting called?  However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
> called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
> obviously).
>
> As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
> probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
> all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?
>
> Ideas anyone?

Not sure if this will help but I have been seeing this behavior in videos
since the beginning of this year (see my post at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/501337?nohighlight=1#501337).
 I continue to have this problem on all new TV series videos I place in the
videos SG.  To get the metadata to load, I have to first reset the metadata
(Info / Edit Metadata / Reset Metadata) and then ask for a new metadata
lookup (w on the keyboard).  This has always worked and I'm still at a loss
to understand how the scan when you first enter videos is different
(ignoring the sxxexx in the title) basically expecting to find everything
with tmdb.

-- Ken E.