[mythtv-users] 0.25 ttvdb not working while tmdb is working? Wiki out of date.

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 06:51:58 UTC 2012

On 25 June 2012 01:39, Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas for a quick fix before I have to start pulling things apart?
>>
>> Thanks for all the work devs, pretty pleased with the results so far.
>

> Try looking at Setup -> Artwork and Data Sources and see if both grabbers
> are listed there.  Just doing that might auto-detect and fix your problem
> for you after a Save/Okay.
>
> I had a similar problem with Fedora but I was missing python-lxml.  It
> sounds like you have the bindings since you are getting successful movie
> lookups.

Thanks Jerry

I had at look at that setting and it there and intact, the script is
where it should be as well but there's nothing in the frontend log
that indicates it's getting used.

Does anyone know the actual 'trip' mechanism for which grabber script
get's pulled?

My understanding is that if the title is formatted with the
Title.S01E01.Subtitle.filetype format then the ttvdb.py script should
be getting called?  However my log is full of the tmdb script getting
called for files in that format (and then subsequently not found
obviously).

As this was an upgrade from a 0.23 database (and the database itself
probably goes back nearly 10 years) I wonder if it's worth clearing
all the contents and doing a totally new and fresh rescan?

Ideas anyone?