[mythtv-users] mythmessage - what I learned

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 04:40:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
>> based on reading lots of posts, I thought I would summarize for any others
>> interested:
>> 1. The wiki is wrong ....
>> 2. The wiki is wrong .....
>> 3. The wiki is incomplete ....
>
> I have never used mythutil message (and probably never will; my
> use of MythTV is different than yours), but if the wiki is wrong
> based on your knowledge, *please* update it with the correct
> information.  It is the only way to make it better for the next
> person.

People don't seem to get that about wikis. OTOH if you find a whole
lot appears to be wrong it would pay to check others' experience.
Posting to the list saying "X is wrong on the wiki" isn't the way i
would do it, I'd tend to say "in my experience X seems to be wrong, my
findings are Z. Before I change the wiki do others have the same
experience?"