[mythtv-users] OT: Homerun Prime

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 00:29:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

Responding to this old topic with new information in case
anyone ever wants to follow the same path (as Jay).

Apparently there is now a A 6CC PRIME TECH model according
to a slightly off-topic tangent to my request for IGMP snooping
support in the HDHomeRun devices (which their latest beta
firmware now fixes), someone asked about a Prime equivalent
to the TECH model.

The response was:

"Multicast is only supported on the TECH product line. A 6CC
PRIME TECH is currently in limited sampling; contact
sales at silicondust.com for more information. Due to DRM
requirements, multicast is only possible with non-copy-protected
channels."

Gary