[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:56:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Tim Scholl <tascholl at gmail.com> wrote:
> TWC typically copy protects all encrypted channels.

TWC is well known to copy protect almost everything other than
the OTA channels.  That is (claimed to be) corporate policy,
and other than recent acquisitions of the incumbent cable
company (before they are fully borged to the TWC way),
there is no report of any franchise being different in TWC land.

I have no direct knowledge of Metrocast, but the anecdotal
reports on other sites suggest that they set copy protection
on anything other than "expanded basic" channels (I do not
know what channels that includes).  However, the reports
are sufficiently vague as to what the op was using or trying
to do, so that the accuracy/reliability may be low.

btw, the 2nd example showed a get of /status.  You
need to get /vstatus to see the cci flags.

Gary