[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime CCI Scanner

Tim Scholl tascholl at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:13:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Robert Kulagowski <rkulagow at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Preston Crow
> >> Now if there were such a script, and it would auto-upload the results to
> >> Schedules Direct, then people with QAM tuners in the same area would
> have a
> >> much easier time setting up their systems.  This would also be nice for
> >> people with both an older HD Homerun and a new Prime.
> >
> > I believe there was already a whole thread about that topic, including
> > a script that does exactly that.
>
> And here's the boilerplate text that I send (when I have my
> SchedulesDirect hat on) to people that tell me that there's no QAM
> data in the lineup:
> "
> Schedules Direct is trying to collect QAM tuning data from our users
> to make this easier in the future:
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1211
> http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206
> "

Was recently trying to get a HDPrime working with TWC and Myth it would not
connect to any of the encrypted channels.  Here is the reply I got from
Silicon Dust :

*TWC typically copy protects all encrypted channels. You would need to use
WMC on Windows 7 in order to access them.*

Silicondust Support

--
Tim Scholl