[mythtv-users] Issues since upgrading to 0.25

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Jun 5 18:36:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 18:13 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> The only proper way of getting around that limitation is connect it
> that way : TV -> Amp -> PC

One thing to try is disabling the speakers on the tv and see if that
will allow it to pass everything without downconverting it to stereo for
the internal speakers.  I get passthrough on my LG set for AC3 streams
but not for DTS from Myth.

On the other hand my Sony BlueRay player won't send anything but two
channel stereo to the same TV under any circumstances.  Have to pass an
optical cable to the amp and play with audio delay on the player to sync
em up.  Initial firmware had a bug where audio delay wouldn't persist
across a restart but they got that fixed.  Took a support call and a
full reset of the unit to get it to persist though even after updating
the firmware.  So Myth isn't the only one that has fought with hdmi
audio problems.