[mythtv-users] known issues related to DVB-T in Australia (was: Channel tuning broken in 0.24)

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 03:57:27 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net
> wrote:

> On 5 June 2012 11:59, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Anthony Giggins <
>> seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>>> The last time I rescanned I had no issues.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anthony

>> Hi Anthony,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply it's good to know that. The point I want to make
>> here is that everything is relative :). If someone asked me couple of weeks
>> ago while I was still on 0.20 would I recommend my tuner card for DVB-T on
>> MythTV I would have said YES. But now when I moved to 0.24 and 0.25 I can't
>> say that can I ?!
>>
>> In your case I would say "HDHR DVB Version seems to work well enough in
>> Aus in the CURRENT MythTV version you are running on your box". As you can
>> see from my experience that can change in 0.27 lets say due to some DB
>> table change or what ever.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Igor
>>
>> Sure but what else was changed when you sent from 0.20 to 0.24 & 0.25 ?
> surely your not running the same OS version that 0.20 was running on?
>
> I've always had better luck scanning on my HDHR rather then my PCI Dvico
> DVB-T Plus http://www.octapc.com.au/images/p_dvbtplus.jpg
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

This is my exact upgrade path:

1. From Mythbuntu 8.04 and MythTV 0.20 to Mythbuntu 10.04 and MythTV 0.23
- Here all worked fine and I even noticed slight improvement in tuning and
LiveTV quality

2. From MythTV 0.23 to MythTV 0.24 (Mythbuntu 10.04)
- Here the tuning brakes

3. From MythTV 0.24 to MythTV 0.25 (Mythbuntu 10.04)
- Same

Igor