[mythtv-users] CBS will warn 'Mentalist' and 'Good Wife' fans about football overruns in the fall

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:32:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Another Sillyname
<anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 31 July 2012 00:13, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +100000 to that...EVERY other station schedules a throw away after the
>> game to prevent this.  For whatever reason, CBS refuses to take 60
>> minutes out of that 7:00 spot.  That's the only real fix for
>> this...the old "stop being a bunch of assholes" approach...
>>
>> Tom
>
> Surely CBS will repeat any episode donked this way the following weekend?

Since when?  It's not like they cut the show off...they air the shows
in their entirety...they just do it anywhere from 1/2 hour to as much
as an hour or more late.  I've never seen them re-air a show because
of that.  Also remember that this tends to affect only people in the
eastern time zone (unless the game goes more than an hour over)...but
again, they're the only station that does this.  During the NFL season
a Sunday night when the primetime schedule *doesn't* get screwed up is
a rarity.

Tom