[mythtv-users] Oplympics on Channel NINE Australia

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jul 28 15:15:09 UTC 2012

On 28/07/12 11:36, Matthew Hubbard wrote:
> On 28 July 2012 17:25, Igor Cicimov <icicimov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm trying to set a Power search rule for the Olympics on Channel 9
>> (Australia) like this:
>>
>> channel.callsign = 'NINE DIGITAL' AND program.title = 'London 2012 Olympic
>> Games' AND program.subtitle NOT LIKE '%Shooting%' AND program.subtitle NOT
>> LIKE '%Archery%'
>>
>> Is this going to work and record only the events I want and skip the ones I
>> don't want as given in the query above? I'm using Shepherd for my program
>> guide and not sure if the program subtitle is even relevant here.
>>
>> Wonder what kind of recording rule(s) have others using Shepherd set for the
>> games?
>>
> I'm in Melbourne using shepherd guide data. My guide data is just
> generic 4 hour blocks listing all the sports that might be shown in
> between the swimming heats. Program Subtitles are just Day 1, Day 2
> etc.
>
> I don't think your power searches will be successful given the quality
> of the guide data we have available.
>
> I've got a non-Olympic power search for cycling that has scheduled
> about 20 hours of recordings but I'll be surprised if I actually get
> much cycling. I suppose that's what the skip button is for though.

(Fixed top posting)

Don't be surprised. I've just watched the men's road race live (ie without the
aid of mythtv) and I can confirm the whole race was shown. Unfortunately it was
switched seemingly randomly between BBC1 and BBC3 with a segment on the red button.

The schedules, even in the UK, aren't good enough for this kind of behaviour.
But I don't think that the schedules are the problem, here. The whole of the
output I have seen so far, including some of the football [soccer], shows that
the output from the BBC is far below the standard I would have expected for such
an event.

--

Mike Perkins