[mythtv-users] CableCard Chain.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jul 26 13:23:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> You get what you pay for. Yes, US EIT is terrible, but $25 a year for
> SchedulesDirect is stupendously, incredibly cheap consider how high
> quality the listing service is (for those outside the US, it's the
> same data that TiVo subscribers pay $10-20 a month for),

That's not really a fair comparison.  TiVo subscribers pay $10-20 a
month to help subsidize the cost of hardware.  Anyone putting together
a mythtv system would likely spend about as much on hardware as the
TiVo hardware + lifetime service package, and not need to pay any
listings fees at all.

My wife still uses our Series 1 TiVo, which has been getting listings
from TiVo at no additional cost since 1999.

Eric