[mythtv-users] 0.25+fixes -> Cutlist + transcode cuts in wrong place (OMG the WAF!)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 25 13:13:40 UTC 2012

On 07/24/2012 09:08 PM, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> On 25/07/12 10:25, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 07/24/2012 06:04 PM, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>>>
>>> The cuts were made by [E]diting, positioning to the first cut
>>> position, and [M] cut to beginning.
>>> Similarly at the end of the credits, [M] cut to end.
>>>
>>> If you watch the video at this point, the cuts are perfect.
>>>
>>> Then I transcode.
>>>
>>> When the job is finished, I checked the result.
>>>
>>> The first cut has seemingly been ignored, there's a bunch of
>>> pre-show still there.
>>>
>>> But the last cut has been made about 5 minutes before the end of the
>>> programme - not including the credits.
>>> Serious WAF lossage !
>>>
>>> How do I debug this ?
>>
>> How did you transcode?  Using Watch Recordings's MENU|Job
>> Options|Start Transcoding or hitting X while watching the show or did
>> you use some other script/external program?
>
> I used the default myth transcode (which is set to lossless).
> I pick it from the menu, and while it was running I was watching
> something else (or editing more shows, I don't remember)

OK, just making sure that the problem would be with MythTV stuff,
itself, and not the wrapper script or whatever.

I don't know of any specific issues that could cause the failure you
describe, so we'll likely need to see the mythtranscode log output to
start guessing.  If you've configured logging properly, you should have
a log file(s) for mythtranscode, too.

Mike