[mythtv-users] MythWelcome missing start frontend button

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 08:45:23 UTC 2012

On 20/07/2012 20:18, gacmb5 gacmb5 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My MythWelcome (0.25 from Mythbuntu 12.04) is missing the "Start
> Frontend" button. It is showing the text, and if I press the OK button
> on the remote, the frontend is started but there is no visual button
> anymore (like my previous Mythtv 0.22 did). Because it takes one or
> tho seconds to actually see the frontend starting, you'll end up
> pressing the remote control again, and again because it looks like
> mythtv missed the IR signal.
>
> Is there a way to get this button (of some other visual feedback) back?

This is a problem with the Mythbuntu theme, I think. You could try
changing your frontend to a different theme then restarting mythwelcome
(mythwelcome will then use the same theme as mythfrontend). There are a
few bugs with the mythbuntu theme, unfortunately.

> Another MythWelcome question: I have 4 tuners. The status is displayed
> one after another. I don't want to wait 60! seconds to see the status
> of all tuners. Is it possible to configure MythWelcome to display the
> status of ALL the tuners on the page, without looping through them one
> at the time (there is plenty of room on the screen). Or is this
> hard-coded.

I agree it would be nice to use a bit more space showing more
simultaneous tuners. I think the current method is hard-wired into
mythwelcome so cannot be easily changed by tweaking a theme for example.
Just in case you're not aware, you can see the status of all your tuners
on one screen in mythfrontend System Status screen, or on mythweb.

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T