[mythtv-users] Sound in mythtv but no where else

moonie moonie at m00nie.com
Thu Jul 19 10:38:26 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-19 11:36, moonie wrote:

> On 2012-07-18 21:53, Kevin
Johnson wrote:

>>>> I can guarantee everything is unmuted.
am beginning to wonder if it is a handshake issue or something.

Is that sound nowhere else while MythTV is running? Or no sound

elsewhere ever?

>> Mythtv has sound and works perfectly. I get no
sound on desktop, youtube, xbmc, or anywhere else outside of mythtv.

> I usually edit my pulseaudio config file. On Fedora 16/17 its
/etc/pulse/client.pa

> Uncomment the line load-module
module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,7

> Just change hw:1,7 to the
appropriate device (hw:0,3?) and either restart pulse or reboot the PC.

> Hope it helps

Sorry my mistake the file is /etc/pulse/default.pa
!!!