[mythtv-users] New wunderground weather scripts for 0.26

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:30:05 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned earlier, it would be nearly impossible for us to keep a
> commercial entity from using our API key should we ever pay for one,
> as our source is publically accessible, and they can just steal the
> key.

Or for some commercial entity to "leverage" the XBMC key (which is
in their source, base64 encoded).  Not that any reputable commercial
entity would do that :-)

As the weather has taught us, things will change.  So too will
the various licensing and apis change over time.  NBC Universal
(and the other partners that own TWC) do have a strong history
of maximizing their ROI.

If I was a betting person (maybe I'll throw a quarter into the slot
machine when I am in Vegas in two weeks), I would bet that in
two years the licensing for weather will be different, and not in
a way to make things cheaper for the consumer.

Gary