[mythtv-users] Gainward GeForce 8400GS 1GB - suitable HD playback?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 04:11:38 UTC 2012

On 12 July 2012 00:50, Alessandro <alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks - the only problem is I don't have the space for a card that
> takes two slots (like the GT430).

I'm not sure which GT430 you're referring to, but mine certainly
doesn't use two slots.

You'd have to be insane IMHO to buy a video card that was first sold
like what... 5 years ago? and has been obsolete for years

> I need the slimmest (stays inline with the width of the bracket) so as
> to not obstruct cards in the adjacent PCI slot.
> Almost all the passive cooling cards, are quite wide with the heat
> sink once installed. I need one as thin as possible.

don't use a passive one then.

I've been using a GT430 with a fan... it's completely silent... I pay
great deal of attention to the noise of my PC , and it really is not
noticeable.