[mythtv-users] Gainward GeForce 8400GS 1GB - suitable HD playback?

Alessandro alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 16:55:07 UTC 2012

>> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:50:26 +0200
>> Alessandro <alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> There is feature set D already.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo#Feature_Set_D
>> I'm sure you can find a card that fits, I'm not familiar with that
>> website, if it is for gamers it may not have what you need. Once I was
>> looking around out of curiosity in newegg.com and I found a low
>> profile card with GK107.

> On 11 July 2012 17:48, Saul A. Peebsen <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO this is much better choice:
> http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=650&lang=en

Thanks, I also had a look at that - I'm just worried, my motherboard
(http://www.asus.com/websites/Global/products/2TinR0vmf3nCJ2GF/0C1MQvukzDOj3GQg_500.jpg)
won't be able to accomodate wide graphics cards AND keep the two PCI
slots available - I need them both for two tuner cards.

Is there no passive cooling card that won't be too large (wider than
1.5 brackets) that is available?
The MSI GT610 (http://uk.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures5_2590_20120601173227.jpg)
looks like it would be ok? But I can't find the real dimensions on how
much it would stick out over the next PCI slot :(
Is the GT610 a good option?
Appreciate all the advice.