[mythtv-users] Metadata info available to all frontends.

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:44:21 UTC 2012

I'm finally getting my .25 fixes setup into an almost fully usable state.

One thing I can't see how to do properly is get the video metadata
onto the frontends other then the backends frontend (if you see what I
mean).

I've set up my Video storage group with the Banner,
Fanart...etc...subdirectories.  After having to flush my video
database and rescan I managed to get the grabber working which sorted
out about 50% of my movie library, I then hand crafted the rest of the
titles that needed sorting out and now have sorted out most of the
film library, the TV library is yet to be started on.

If I run a frontend on the backend it all picks up correctly, the
backend frontend still has the default pathings (not valid) in Setup
--> Media Settings --> Videos Settings  --> General as do the other
frontends, all the frontends point to subdirectories that do not exist
in these settings.  However the backend frontend is picking up the
metadata from the storage group as it should.

However non of the other frontends are picking up the metadata.

Reading the wiki I should only need to scan the library from any valid
frontend for them all to be able to pick up the data, is this wrong?