[mythtv-users] MythBackend Suddenly swamping CPU on system

Chris Edwards chris at chris-edwards.org
Sun Jul 1 03:50:04 UTC 2012

This post has a little info:

So it seems restart ntpd makes the problem go away. I can't verify
this as I've already rebooted

Also, it seems to have affected frontends as well as backends. I was
watching something at the time, and my frontend kicked me back to the
watch recordings screen, and was largely unresponsive.  But it may not
be a problem with the mythtv code given the number of other systems
which seem to have been affected. Many airline booking systems went
down because of it too I believe.