[mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Jan 30 05:38:44 UTC 2012

On 30/01/2012 3:03 PM, David Sims wrote:
> [...]

Just checking basics...

1.  You haved added the tuner device in myhtv-setup [option 2].  I am
guessing it should be a DVB DTV Capture Card.
2.  You haved added a Video Source, name is irrelevent, using North
America (schedulesdirect.org) or you could simply use NoGrabber for
testing purposes.  (Others might have other better ideas, as I am in
Australia, we have no service like schedulesdirect to receive the tuning
information from.)
3.  Link the Video Source to the Tuner Device in "Input Connections"
4.  Also whilst in "Input Connections", If you are using Schedules
Direct you can perform a Fetch Channels from listing source otherwise do
a scan for channels.

Michael