[mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 04:03:04 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Nick Rout
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:43 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM, David Sims <simsdw56 at comcast.net> wrote:
> The tuner device is capable of both analog and digital channel tuning.  In
> Linux only the digital tuning was supported by the driver for a time and
> later the analog was merged in.
>
> ==== From the LinuxTV site...
> Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q
> A hybrid ATSC USB 2.0 device by Hauppauge.
> The digital side of the device is supported under Linux since kernel
2.6.26.
> Analog support was merged into the mainline v4l-dvb tree on March 18,
2009.
> ====
>
> Think I might be getting closer to launching the Live TV.  Looks like an
> attempt to start LiveTV recording has failed when looking at the
> MythFrontend.log
>
> 2012-01-29 19:06:46.808 Using protocol version 63
> 2012-01-29 19:07:26.808 TV Error: StartRecorder() -- timed out waiting for
> recorder to start
> 2012-01-29 19:07:26.808 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
> 2012-01-29 19:08:20.052 Deleting UPnP client...
>
> I used Michael's suggestion on the audio setup.  Was pretty much ignoring
> that audio setup for the moment.  Just wanted to get the video portion
> working first.
> Still having some peculiar errors with the zap2xml.pl script for the tv
> listings.  When I try to use mythfilldatabase I am getting these errors...
> Not sure if it is because of the video/sound setups prior to this or not.
>
> 2012-01-29 19:28:06.644 Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I19609.tvlistings.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
> 2012-01-29 19:28:06.644 Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
> I20292.tvlistings.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.

Please don't top post.

so are you using it as digital or analogue?

Are you using schedules direct? You should be. I am not sure zap2it is
still relevant.
====

Will try posting below the reply.  Might look a little odd.  At least it
does to me.
Analogue is no longer an option in my area.  All stations have gone digital.

I assume I am using digital.  Have used this device on my windows machines
and has worked
well so know that it will do what we want.  Have a mini digital antenna
attached to the f-series connector.
In my area I should be able to get several different channels.  Pretty close
Portland Oregon and there are many transmitters going.  Suspect the issues
are purely
setup and configurations.