[mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 00:31:31 UTC 2012

Thanks Michael,

It is a strange Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-950Q model.
Got it with Nero's LiquidTV quite a while ago.

Looking on the label it states "Assembled in Indonesia".
NTSC/ATSC/QAM HD TV receiver
72001 LF Rev B3F0 0708

I found the page on Linuxtv.org for what I think is the firmware file.
It is located here:
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-950Q

Have not been able to confirm the firmware load just yet.

Been working on trying to connect to Zap2it in order to download the local
us-bcast channel information.
Created my user account and password and ran the perl script.

This does not seem to be giving me the correct information as well.  Got
some weird messages in the logs.
Work on just getting this to function is continuing...