[mythtv-users] Scheduled recording problem (0.24.1-fixes)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 28 21:33:41 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2011 01:40 PM, Neil Salstrom wrote:
> I have a strange situation with a scheduled recording.  I use
> schedules direct and typically don't have any issues.  I was using
> mythweb to go through the listing and select some upcoming Christmas
> specials and noticed that an episode of "Chuck" was not flagged as
> scheduled to record.  I've got a recording schedule to record this any
> time a non-rerun is shown on NBC.  The episode is on Friday, December
> 16 at 8:00pm.  All other instances of the show are flagged as to be
> recorded.  There is no other show being recorded at this time so there
> are no conflicts.
>
> The episode is "Chuck:  Chuck verses the curse" and on the mythweb
> page the "Don't record this program" radio button is selected.  When I
> try to change that it goes back to the "Don't record...".  Clicking on
> "Scheduling Options (view)" takes me back to the listings however I
> get a message box that states "Warning: Unknown program."
>
> I cannot flag this as to be recorded.  I tried refreshing my
> mythfilldatabase listing with the --refresh-all option but it still
> does not work.

My reply is a bit late, but in case this comes up, again, or for anyone
reading archives, the first step is always:

"When MythWeb fails to allow you to do something, use mythfrontend,
instead."

mythfrontend is a full MythTV client.  MythWeb is a partial
re-implementation of the MythTV client that sometimes gets out of sync
(because it's a re-implementation).

Mike