[mythtv-users] New to list - recommendations

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:05:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 15:45, Robert Walton <waltonrp at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been about 5 years since I've messed around with Linux. I'm
> wondering if there is a particular flavor of Linux that you'd

I think the simplest solution would be to use Mythbuntu. I already had
an Ubuntu install, so I just use the Mythbuntu repos. Very simple to
stay up-to-date.

> recommend. I'm also looking for card recommendations. I'd like a card
> with 2 tuners, but might just settle for one. The box I'm using is
> form factor, so a half high card would be needed unless I use a USB
> tuner.

How about an ethernet tuner? Put it near the antenna with short coax
for minimal feedline signal loss.

http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun/atsc/

Tom