[mythtv-users] New to list - recommendations

Robert Walton waltonrp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 22:45:32 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I just joined this list, I've dumped satellite TV and am just using an
antenna to get local channels. I have a Dell machine that I'd like to
turn into a DVR.

It's been about 5 years since I've messed around with Linux. I'm
wondering if there is a particular flavor of Linux that you'd
recommend. I'm also looking for card recommendations. I'd like a card
with 2 tuners, but might just settle for one. The box I'm using is
form factor, so a half high card would be needed unless I use a USB
tuner.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Rob