[mythtv-users] HDHR CC Issues

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:08:04 UTC 2012

> Mitchell,
>
> I understand that there are a variety of reasons that make a lot of sense
> to you to try to consolidate and re-use video sources, but we can't really
> provide support for an unsupported configuration, and using a lineup
> containing QAM channels with the Prime is an unsupported configuration.
>  There's a good reason that the official instructions are vehement about
> using a fresh, unadulterated video source-- it's to avoid these kinds of
> issues.  The video source attached to the Prime *must* be an "analog"
> lineup to work reliably and properly.
>
> As ever, your database is your own, but I would have to close any tickets
> you opened on the Prime because you don't want to follow the known-good
> configuration steps and because you're attempting to manipulate the
> database directly to get it to do something it's not designed to do-- The
> code uses key bits of information from those very table to determine how to
> tune the Prime versus a regular digital tuner, and your approach prevents
> that logic from working.  If it feels like I am intentionally being vague
> about the specifics of the channel tables in the database, it's because I
> am.  There's a known path to a working configuration (the one in the
> documentation) and a path known to cause problems due to unsupported
> configuration/misconfiguration, and that's the one that you are currently
> attempting.  I want to reiterate that I understand why you want to
> consolidate video sources and avoid doing busy work tidying up a channel
> lineup-- it's just that your approach to trying to do so can, will, and has
> caused problems for you and others, and isn't something we can assist you
> with (and moreover, makes it impossible to accept any bug reports from your
> database).
>
> Best of Luck,
>
> Robert

Robert,

First thanks for your reply.  I did setup my channel lineup exactly of
those instructions for my Prime setup w/Cable card.  I just want to stack
my duplicate channels.  I thought chaning the channum field through MythWeb
was a supported action.  I obviously don't have nearly as much insight on
how MythTV works but with any other tuner I was able to change the channum
to whatever number I wanted and MythTV would actually use the freqid as the
"real" channel number.

With the Prime it appears to be different.  It uses Channum for tuning.  Is
this intended or is it part of the issues with the Prime on .24?  Is this
different in master/.25?

Thanks,
Mitchell